Sunday 5 February 2012

My Letter to Nexus Magazine


I've sent the following letter to Nexus Magazine (See Links column on the main HPANWO site); as you may know, I'm a regular reader. Let's hope it gets published, I'll let you know if it does:

Dear Duncan,

I was a Hospital Porter with over 20 years of dedicated and trouble-free service, until out of the blue one day I was suspended from duty with no explanation. A week later I was informed that there had been a complaint that some of the paranormal and anti-conspiracy activism I do on my blog and YouTube channel is “offensive”, “inappropriate”, “unprofessional” and “brings the hospital into disrepute”. I was also accused of outrageous and grotesque acts of misconduct in the workplace. I have now been formally discharged from the NHS and in my view the evidence points to a stitch-up. The timing of the complaint is beyond what any reasonable person could dismiss as coincidence, the complaint email looks fabricated, the allegations are grossly unfair and the breaches of normal procedure and practice don’t fit in with the notion that this is a normal, random disciplinary case. I am convinced that the real reason I was sacked is that a few weeks earlier I had been interviewed by several major national newspapers which publicized my activities.
I am the most recent of several individuals in Britain who have spoken out about subjects like UFO’s, 9/11 being an inside job, the institutional abuse of children and other conspiratorial matters, and been attacked professionally as a result. Another man was a police officer called Tony Farrell who was sacked for stating publically, and in the course of his duties, that 9/11 was not the work of Al Qaeda, but was perpetrated by agents within the US Gov. We are told we enjoy free speech in Britain, “It’s a free country” is a catchphrase in our land; and indeed you can be a Marxist, a nationalist, a Tory, a Green and any have any other ideology you like within conventional politics, but when you begin talking about more “weird” subjects you get a very nasty backlash. Not just a slap on the wrist or warning, but a loss of your career and livelihood! It begs the question: If we’re all just “conspiracy nuts” and “loonies” then why are they so defensive?

Ben Emlyn-Jones. Oxford UK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To right Ben you had in justice after all you did at the hospital

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Thanks, Anon. I'm going to fight back, I can tell ya!